Author Topic: - RD Meeting 2018 -  (Read 8124 times)

Offline glennn

Re: - RD Meeting 2018 -
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 06:36:32 am »
Agreed Matt, but hats off to [RD]Skittles, [RD]Uthar_Smith, and Schottky_BiB, for managing the players. Sometimes creating a mess might be fun for some players!  :happy

Offline MecHaNiC

• Rubber Duck
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 07:07:30 am »
Yes , the the event should have been limited to RD's itself and maybe few other players which Rd's agree to invite.

And yes there were no oldies , all i saw were the same players that play daily with few exceptions.

That was a first try , will be good next time i guess . @matt

Offline Pistolstar

• YEE!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 08:00:08 am »
Skittles managed it in most effective way, we had too much mess going on, but still he managed to pull this off with any further fuck up. About Others joining us, it was good seeing so many people joining us, it made me realize how much respect our clan holds in the game that people specially joined to attend our party. At peak we had 72 people and that's no joke. GG guys, I hope next time we'll organize it better that this one.
That rustler vs rocket was awesome I got good video of that from my perspective.

Offline IceBreaker

• Rubber Duck
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 08:51:49 am »
Matt you came when the event was already done and people continued to do events just cause it seemed fun. You missed it actually. Also you need to spam your ID, you won't get an invitation by mail. You can't just comment if u weren't there...

I think the admins did their best with that they have, call out ids, tp them, freeze them all, cage them and then we wait for the event to be created, and we play it, it was pretty organized

We can't just play with eachother after you announce on PTP and call for players to come join the event. We were like 5 ducks at first.

Thanks Skitler, Uther, Scho and Pistol for organizing it, <3
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 09:05:28 am by IceBreaker »

Offline Saurabh

• Rubber Duck
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 03:53:06 pm »
And ty lohit for testing the events with pistol. @matt i agree it took too much time and some of the events had to be different from what we planned originally, but that's because of the no. of participants and yes those who were punching the admins to death and not cooperating (mechanic).

About the time, i tried my best to let Australians and Filipinos join the game too because i was hoping iben amd eagleman would join. I also had to make sure to keep it after afternoon (just as u asked) to let Americans join. Oh and i thought it is better if we do it on peak time of server, which was a bad idea i guess.

We will surely try getting more RDs next time and fix an off-peak time to avoid too many outsiders joining (specially those who don't cooperate)

By Vishwas

Offline Lohit_The_Noob

• Duck
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 04:58:42 pm »
And ty lohit for testing the events with pistol. @matt i agree it took too much time and some of the events had to be different from what we planned originally, but that's because of the no. of participants and yes those who were punching the admins to death and not cooperating (mechanic).

About the time, i tried my best to let Australians and Filipinos join the game too because i was hoping iben amd eagleman would join. I also had to make sure to keep it after afternoon (just as u asked) to let Americans join. Oh and i thought it is better if we do it on peak time of server, which was a bad idea i guess.

We will surely try getting more RDs next time and fix an off-peak time to avoid too many outsiders joining (specially those who don't cooperate)

Ah np, although I wasn't there at the event itself nor did I manage to give the event list to skittles at the time due to data exhaust and other issues, so sorry for that.

Eagleman did join the server but he had to leave as he was busy himself.

About the cooperation. It could be easily fixed by just keeping them at spawn and or just freezing them like carg does and only allowing trust worthy people to cooperate during the event preparation.

As for the times I suggest to organize a list of RDs, discuss about the time so a proper average could be found and then decide on the event.

and Lack of Admins was a serious case. Handling around 65+people isn't easy. I suggest to make sure a Admin will be free at the time to help.

Offline MecHaNiC

• Rubber Duck
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 05:44:23 pm »
Want to lick my ass or what? I am seeing you mentioning me in you every other post.

Offline Parachute

• Rubber Duck
  • There's a crowstorm but it's a party...
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 05:48:16 pm »
i totally fucking forgot what a retard

Offline Saurabh

• Rubber Duck
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2018, 05:58:50 pm »
Want to lick my ass or what? I am seeing you mentioning me in you every other post.
Any other post where i mentioned you?  What i said is true anyway.

By Vishwas

Offline Matt

• Pan Staszek
  • Rubber Duck
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 08:48:48 pm »
Matt you came when the event was already done and people continued to do events just cause it seemed fun. You missed it actually. Also you need to spam your ID, you won't get an invitation by mail. You can't just comment if u weren't there...
Yea I came late but there was still stuff going on and no one told me anything about spamming my id.

Other then that, just don't understand why alot of non RDs were allowed into this party.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:50:30 pm by Matt »

Offline Skittles

• Duck
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2018, 11:07:28 pm »
2. With the RD staff that are admins, they said hello and were active on the chat but didn't bother to teleport me or other players that I saw roaming spawn to these events. Now I don't blame the admins as events are hard to organize with players running around all over the place and distracting them.

Oh, please, Matt. Before every event has started we informed through the Nanibot at least thrice about it. First, about what is coming up next and hint how to participate, second about teleporting and third if there's anyone else who wants to take part. If somehow happened that you've been skipped, I'm deeply sory, but you should have alerted us about it back then. I teleported players to the event even after it has begun.

3. This event should have been kept RD only at first. I felt absolutely disrespected seeing Satvik and all these other fake fans roaming around for no reason.

Hm, I don't think it was bad that we have invited everyone there. As Pistol said, we had 75+ players on the server, thanks to our party! I remember telepoting more than 20 participants to each event! Of course, we could have hosted something closed, for ducks only, but I think about it as an addition to this generally open one. Not instead. Otherwise, we shouldn't advertise it on the server forums.

And just to summarize. It was a great fun, thanks everyone for being there. Just look at this unusual view:

Offline POTHA

• Baby Duck
  • duck forever
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 02:24:08 am »
i see something
 oh
is it real?

its Mo[RD]y.pG
byby

Offline Saurabh

• Rubber Duck
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 04:10:53 am »
i see something
 oh
is it real?

its Mo[RD]y.pG
He's our secret golden duck.

I agree with skittles, it is obv that players have to give their ids on their own instead of waiting at spawn to be reported. There were too many players and everyone was like spamming already, so maybe , maybe they missed someone ( they missed me sometimes) but that someone should have kept writing his id in teamchat after every few seconds.

By Vishwas

Offline Uthar_Smith

• Rubber Duck
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 01:14:54 am »
I could only be there the first 75 minutes because of that surprise party, but judging from that I can say it was a succesful event. There are somethings we can improve for a next meeting:

- Structure and preparation

I've noticed that during the event, we were wasting a lot of time coming up with new event ideas, discussing them and deciding on them. This is the time where players get bored because of the waiting times it brings. I think it'd be best if we wrote some kind of schedule, containing all the events we want to do, in order. This way we can just have a continuous stream of events so that it doesn't get boring. This also means we should continue to test out events like Lohit and pistol did this time.

- Meeting activities

I think we should expand the list of activities. Right now, we're only doing set-up events in a different virtual world. Nothing's wrong with that, but I think we should do more RD-related activities like taking pictures/photo shoots, CAT*, and other gamemode-involving events (Open for suggestions!)

* CAT is short for Civilian Attack Team, it's a classic PTP activity which involves a big group of civilians piloting rustlers and trying to kill the presi